Dr. Robert Langer
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to InvestorStemCell
    The Future is NOW! Be a part of the Future of Medicine and join the InvestorStemCell Community! InvestorStemCell is the worlds only community dedicated to Regenerative Medicine. Get started by signing up!
    Like Tree9Likes
    • 4 Post By GMAN
    • 3 Post By Gizmo
    • 1 Post By bigstem
    • 1 Post By GMAN

Dr. Robert Langer

Dr. Robert Langer

A nice introduction to Dr. Robert Langer. He is not your typical college professor. Watch this short interview and you will know why he wants to be a part of ACT.

Economist Innovation Award for Bioscience to Dr Robert Langer - YouTube
      Rainking, ACT Now, tom and 1 others like this.
      "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed by the masses" Plato

Great video GMAN. Can see why he is so successful and esteemed based upon his pride in school and need to propel his students forward in both innovation and business pursuits.

I was really excited to hear him say that regnerative medicine was one the foremost important innovations in the last 10 years but disappointed that he pointed towards ipsc's as his specific expample given all that we have discovered in regards to their potential compared to hesc's. May have been the more political answer though and secretly he would have preferred to point to hesc (maybe not so secret as he is now a board member of ACT.)

The addition of Dr. Langer to the ACT Board was huge for me, and a great antidote to the lawsuit / finance stuff that we're plowing through at the moment.
      DMSOB, BrackAttack and michaelbrom like this.

I feel he will be a tremendous asset for the company.

Millennium Prize - Winner: Robert Langer

"Robert Langer was born in august 1948 in Albany, USA. “When I was a little, my parents bought me a Gilbert chemistry set and I found it fascinating,” says Dr. Langer, who recalls how he kept playing with the chemicals and making colors change. “I also got a microscope set and watched shrimp grow and things like that.” In high school his best subjects were science and mathematics so many people advised him to study engineering. And he did."

I had a Gilbert chemistey set, telescope and microscope also. I was born the same year. I started out in electrical engineering and switched to computers and as I look back it was a mistake.

I am very happy for his success.
      pacman likes this.

Business, Perseverance, Innovation = Three Winning Qualities
      "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed by the masses" Plato

eigenman
      Quote Originally Posted by eitherhalf View Post
      Great video GMAN. Can see why he is so successful and esteemed based upon his pride in school and need to propel his students forward in both innovation and business pursuits.

I was really excited to hear him say that regnerative medicine was one the foremost important innovations in the last 10 years but disappointed that he pointed towards ipsc's as his specific expample given all that we have discovered in regards to their potential compared to hesc's. May have been the more political answer though and secretly he would have preferred to point to hesc (maybe not so secret as he is now a board member of ACT.)
      Dr Lanza will educate him on iPSCs.

davea0828
      Gman,

Thanks for that. My first introduction to the Doctor. It was kinda like your first look at the stars with a telescope.

Dave

JLA
      Quote Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
      A nice introduction to Dr. Robert Langer. He is not your typical college professor. Watch this short interview and you will know why he wants to be a part of ACT.

Economist Innovation Award for Bioscience to Dr Robert Langer - YouTube
      GMAN, thanks for the video. It is a good sign for all of us shareholders that Dr. Langer has joined ACTC's Board of Directors. He has a tremendous experience and definitely he is a forward looking type of person.

Does anyone think that Dr. Robert Langer is a potential replacement for Gary Rabin as CEO???
      bigstem likes this.

GMAN,...noo Langer is involved in sooo many boards...
      i have notcied that at least 1/3 of the companies he is with are funded by Polaris Ventures and Amit

read these links.............will ease your mind after the day...

The Bob Langer and Polaris Family Tree: From Acusphere to Momenta to Visterra | Xconomy

Polaris News

http://www.polarisventures.com/WhoWeAre/TeamDetail.asp?ContactID={FE1EC9D3-40E2-44EC-8122-3EB99ABA5B7D}

It would be worth a try. We could put Dr Langer in as CEO like you would put in the 2nd string QB in the game because the starting QB is in la la land.

Quote Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
      Does anyone think that Dr. Robert Langer is a potential replacement for Gary Rabin as CEO???

Dr Langer is waaaaaay tooo busy
      he does have EXCELLENT connections though........