AMD - Dame Judi Dench - Page 2
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to InvestorStemCell
    The Future is NOW! Be a part of the Future of Medicine and join the InvestorStemCell Community! InvestorStemCell is the worlds only community dedicated to Regenerative Medicine. Get started by signing up!
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree62Likes

AMD - Dame Judi Dench

In that interview, when Dame Judy states that 'stem cell work is being done on that (i.e. Dry), I take it to mean either:
      She is simply aware of our trials, or
      She is being treated but did not say that explicitly.

If she was aware at that time, one would think she would try to avail herself of the treatment, especially with the positive safety record.
      Perhaps her quick dismissal of the "stem cell work" without offering anything further, especially since she would be expected to have a high level of interest, can easily be interpreted as a silent confirmation. IMHO.

Twenty2,
      These quotes are just so great & I don't know if I've ever seen them. If I had AMD and world class scientists & facilities reaching out to me to give me a chance & hope, well I'd be on the next plane out here! So the question is, What did Judi say?
      I just love Judi Dench...loved Philomena!
      Belas
      pm1469 and twenty2 like this.

I know we have an SMD patient scheduled to speak at the Yorkshire Retina Society in the UK on March 5th but could you imagine if in walked Judy Dench to give that talk.

To bad it does say SMD/AMD patient to speak!

BF
      Belas93 and pm1469 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vzveteran View Post
      Unless she is withholding information, my above post proves otherwise.
      Hey VZ. I read the two links you provided and yes there was no mention of stem cell treatment; however, she clearly is on video with Cooper Anderson saying she is getting stem cell treatment for the dry AMD eye. What do you make of that?

Quote Originally Posted by cleariver View Post
      In that interview, when Dame Judy states that 'stem cell work is being done on that (i.e. Dry), I take it to mean either:
      She is simply aware of our trials, or
      She is being treated but did not say that explicitly.

If she was aware at that time, one would think she would try to avail herself of the treatment, especially with the positive safety record.
      Perhaps her quick dismissal of the "stem cell work" without offering anything further, especially since she would be expected to have a high level of interest, can easily be interpreted as a silent confirmation. IMHO.
      Yes she perhaps meant they are doing stem cells for dry AMD, not her specifically.

I did not note a dismissal by her of discussing stem cell treatment; rather terrible interview by Anderson Cooper going off topic saying something stupid like she could see him because he was so pale. He dropped the ball. The comment went right over his head...

Since Gary said they did reach out to her she is obviously aware of our trials. I hope they can help her some day.
      Last edited by pm1469; 01-29-2014 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pm1469 View Post
      she clearly is on video with Cooper Anderson saying she is getting stem cell treatment for the dry AMD eye. What do you make of that?
      Woah. She really said that? Aren't we the only game in town? (even in EU?)

Just thinking out loud, but wouldn't it be nice if she did eventually participate in our trials since the Andersoon Cooper video is from 2012 and she was aware of stem cells and then Gary went on to say that they did make her aware of ACT's trials and her qualifying for them. Wouldn't it be nice if she was to spill that out in one of the many interviews she'll probably do since being nominated for the 2014 Oscars.
      Belas93 and willwill like this.

Yes she perhaps meant they are doing stem cells for dry AMD, not her specifically.

I did not note a dismissal by her of discussing stem cell treatment; rather terrible interview by Anderson Cooper going off topic saying something stupid like she could see him because he was so pale. He dropped the ball. The comment went right over his head...

Since Gary said they did reach out to her she is obviously aware of our trials. I hope they can help her some day.
      Thanks for the elaboration, pm (Patricia?) and THANK YOU for your time, and efforts to transcribe for all of us who are especially auditorily (new word?) challenged.

I agree. She didn't necessarily dismiss/avoid further discussion; though she may have wanted to get off the subject. (I suppose this was a snip from a more encompassing interview). Cooper could have drilled down but I think he was being respectful ... gentle. He definitely was not in pit bull mode. Since you got me to give it the attention I should have in the beginning ... :-) I perceived that he was trying to use humor to either ease Judy's discomfort with the topic (her vision handicap - that was blown way out of proportion). We should probably view the entire interview ... ya think? Thanks again!

Hey VZ. I read the two links you provided and yes there was no mention of stem cell treatment; however, she clearly is on video with Cooper Anderson saying she is getting stem cell treatment for the dry AMD eye. What do you make of that?
      Hi Patti, I didn't interpret it that way. "stem cell work is being done on that" Generalization imo

If she did however, not such good news, as she is going blind now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12