AMD - Dame Judi Dench
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to InvestorStemCell
    The Future is NOW! Be a part of the Future of Medicine and join the InvestorStemCell Community! InvestorStemCell is the worlds only community dedicated to Regenerative Medicine. Get started by signing up!
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like Tree62Likes

AMD - Dame Judi Dench

AMD - Dame Judi Dench

I know there was a lot of talk on ICELL about Judi Dench and her revelation in 2012 that she suffers from AMD. Many hoped and speculated that it would be great to have a high profile figure take part in our trials to help get the word out.

This article today claims she "had wet in one eye and dry in the other and they had to do these injections and I think itís arrested it. I hope so."

In no way am I implying that she was the beneficiary of our RPE treatment, but I did find it interesting that she speaks of these injections in the past tense, rather than an ongoing procedure like the available treatments we know about out there.

Dame Judi Dench Oscar nominated despite not being able to 'read scripts' | Mail Online

"'There were many times during filming where her sight was a problem for her recognising faces or objects, and often someone would jump in and help her move about so she didn't lose her footing.

'Judi was totally inspirational. She can't read her own scripts so her friends have to go through them with her or she'll learn them on a tape recorder.

'She was absolutely wonderful because she was totally open about her eye condition and would just ask for help when she needed it or apologise for not recognising someone"
      Invest, red1, Cocopuff and 3 others like this.

Check out the :30 point for something to really blow your mind

According to Dame Judi Dench: "Now I've got Dry and stem cell work is being done on that."

Hmm! Can it be ACT???

Any idea what 'injections' she's talking about that 'cleared up' the Wet AMD?

probably lucentis

Quote Originally Posted by cleariver View Post
      Any idea what 'injections' she's talking about that 'cleared up' the Wet AMD?
      Could be Lucentis or Eylea

Quote Originally Posted by saxxie View Post
      Could be Lucentis or Eylea
      If it were either Lucentis or Eylea, I would have expected her to say they were "doing" injections rather than "did". Could be reading too much into it though.

Quote Originally Posted by tunis View Post

Do you have a date on this?

Quote Originally Posted by tunis View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyfree View Post
      Do you have a date on this?
      Notes on You Tube for this video...

Published on Apr 30, 2012 By, Anderson - YouTube
      Dame Judi Dench spoke to Anderson about being diagnosed with macular degeneration. "Millions of people have got it. It's not so good if you've got wet macular degeneration, most people have dry. Wet -- you have a series of injections in your eye, and it cleared mine, and now I've got dry, and stem cell work is being done on that."

Tune in to "Anderson" to see the original broadcast on Tuesday, May 1.

twenty2
      pacman and DMSOB like this.

Regenerative Guru Member Invest's Avatar
      Dame Judi Dench undergoes routine tests to ensure her eyesight doesn't deteriorate as she battles the age-related condition macular degeneration.
      The veteran British actress has had a series of injections to help preserve her vision after being diagnosed with the disease, which can lead to blindness.
      She tells newsman Anderson Cooper, "It just presents a difficulty. You might have a very bad hip, and you learn to adjust to things. I'm certain I'm not going blind. I'm still driving my car (although) not at dusk. I go and see someone all the time, and they test it...
      "Millions of people have got it. It was blown up out of all proportion. It's not so good if you've got wet macular degeneration, most people have dry. Wet - you have a series of injections in your eye, and it cleared mine, and now I've got dry, and stem cell work is being done on that. Doesn't mean that I'm going blind."
      pacman, stemedga and DMSOB like this.

Here is a recent? story:

Dame Judi Dench Can 'No Longer Read Film Scripts' As Eyesight Worsens

May not be current, but the comments are.

Another:

Dame Judi Dench Oscar nominated despite not being able to 'read scripts' | Mail Online

Says she's 79 so it is current,and NO mention of stem cell treatment.

By saying "stem cell work is being done on that," I took it to mean that clinical work is being done, not that it was being done on her.

my mom has the same thing, and is getting injections to stave off more loss of sight. I told her to hang tough and I would fly her to wherever needed to get the ACT treatments when the flood gates open up.

Dave
      BamMA and DMSOB like this.

Is any other stem cell trial for AMD going on in UK. She is absolutely being treated at Moorsfield, the best, so specifically done at Moorsfield? If not, she is getting ACTC stem cells and is in our trial. This could be HUGE attention for us.
      Cocopuff and DMSOB like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pm1469 View Post
      Is any other stem cell trial for AMD going on in UK. She is absolutely being treated at Moorsfield, the best, so specifically done at Moorsfield? If not, she is getting ACTC stem cells and is in our trial. This could be HUGE attention for us.

Unless she is withholding information, my above post proves otherwise.
      dyooperya likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pm1469 View Post
      UK is only authorized for SMD and I think she said she had AMD.

Bf
      dyooperya and Ymc like this.

I give up lol!

The purpose of this post is to provide some background and not to suggest ACT is treating Dame Judi Dench. I don't know. But, if I was her... and I was seeking possible treatment (You know how these Movie Stars jet around to locations around the world) I might consider a call to Dr. Schwartz at UCLA..."Can You Help Me - May I Participate?"

SOURCE: ACT ShareHolders Meeting 4/26/12: The Dazzle From Palm Springs!

I Raised My Hand To Ask This Question...But Unfortunately The Q&A Session Came To A Close...Not To Be Deterred...When The Meeting Came To An End...Sitting In The Front Row...I Quickly Met Gary...Shook His Hand, And Said...Good Job! And...What Are The Chances Of Treating Dame Judi Dench???

Gary Answered, In So Many Words...With Changes Made With The Trial Patient Qualifications...The Possibility Of Treating Her Now Exists!...They Are Working On It!...This Shocked Me A Good Way Too!

SOURCE: 6/6/12 I Spoke To Robert Lanza, On COAST To COAST, with George Noory!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ymc View Post
      Kudos to Young1ne, twenty-2 and Gman909,

I shrieked when I heard Dr. L said they were in dialogue treating Dame Judi Dench. Awesome!!! You all have just made my day. Thank you so very much.

Ymc

ACT Quarterly CC 8/08/12: http://investorstemcell.com/forum/ad...htm#post135886

John Redaelli (twenty2): I have a two-part question if you don't mind. Can you please update any discussions regarding the possible treatment for Dame Judi Dench. Question No. 2, how often are you meeting with institutional investors? How great is the response? What is their feedback? When are you telling them of our possible uplisting?

Gary: First of all, in terms of Dame Judi Dench, we have reached out to her because she has wet AMD in her fellow eye. We now actually have an inclusion criteria that could allow her to be part of the trial, so that is where we are in terms of reaching out to make her aware. But we of course cannot pitch to any person to join the trial. Obviously all we can do is make people aware of the trial and because our only AMD trial is in the US, I cannot begin to talk about any particular patient. That is all I would have to say about that...

twenty2
      Give It A Shot, Judi! RPE Style, From ACT!
      Last edited by twenty2; 01-29-2014 at 12:20 AM.
      Vzveteran, saxxie, Belas93 and 7 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyfree View Post
      UK is only authorized for SMD and I think she said she had AMD.

Bf

So why couldn't she be treated in the USA in our AMD trial???
      Gman909 and DMSOB like this.

Quote Originally Posted by saxxie View Post
      So why couldn't she be treated in the USA in our AMD trial???
      PM indicated maybe she was treated at Morefield thus the AMD response but she could come to the US which is why I'm looking for her email now so I can ask her directly. We have a great American Cowboy, why not a great International Actress?

BF
      saxxie and Ymc like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast