#6 ACTC's Incredible World Class Presentation ... Congratulations to Rabin
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to InvestorStemCell
    The Future is NOW! Be a part of the Future of Medicine and join the InvestorStemCell Community! InvestorStemCell is the worlds only community dedicated to Regenerative Medicine. Get started by signing up!
    Like Tree19Likes
    • 13 Post By Ceasar de Cuenca
    • 1 Post By stemboat
    • 1 Post By Ceasar de Cuenca
    • 1 Post By ACTLongtime

I suppose I was lying when I said I have one more post before I start reviewing the presentations.

But I have so much....

Anyway, No one was talking about Corneal Transplant!

I already talked about some of this in an old thread 12/5/11:ACTC's Corneas Will Need NO FDA Approval????
      Do We know this?

It will also turn the whole world wide market upside down!

It is estimated that there are 10 million people world wide blind because of damaged corneas.
      This could me understated.

The cost of a transplant is about $3600.00/eye.

There are about 100,000 surgeries performed world wide because of donor shortage.

This is a very low hanging fruit available to ACTC.

Here are some articles:

The Eyewear Gallery - Eye Care Articles.
      corneal transplant - Bing Health
      Cornea transplant - MayoClinic.com
      Corneal Transplant Information on risks,cost and techniques

Best,

Cuenca

But since Lanza talked about the 10 million people during his presentation let me add to that, in connection with China!
      Also, Please note that the most possible first trial site for this surgery for ACTC is Bascom-Palmer at Miami.

Okey... here it is.

China's culture do not allow "retinal donations"! That is almost 1/3 of the World Population!

And, ACTC's Corneas will be much much better than "cadaver corneas" because the cost will be reduced and the infection testing for viral and other contamination will be ZERO.

Plus... LOL, I suppose this surgery will be treated like any other transplant operations where the discussion and approval will be between the Doctors and the Patients!

Well! What will you do when you need a Cornea and the are nothing available?

Easy... use ACTC's corneas.
      Besides, I suspect ACTC's corneas will be much better... because it is younger, and pretested by the Hospital!

Best,

Cuenca

Regenerative Guru Member stemboat's Avatar
      Amazing, no hesitation on that decision. The Chinese will be ALL over this one. Cuenca, should I learn to count to 10 again? We're only on 6!
      kokway likes this.

Ceasar,

Well we have to give 4 out of the tope 5 eye institutes in the nation something to do don't we?

Quote Originally Posted by tunis View Post
      Ceasar,

Well we have to give 4 out of the tope 5 eye institutes in the nation something to do don't we?
      Hi Tunis,

Lanza's team is already working very close with Bascom Palmer on the clinical translation of the Corneas.
      I think Lanza talked about this during his presentation, as I recall.

Cuenca
      kokway likes this.

The Myopic treatment would also be a big part of the Asian treatment as well...Cha Ching!
      DMSOB likes this.