Thread: The China Strategy and ACTC's Global Outlook

Experience
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocialOverdrive1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries
    Likes Given: 4533
    Also of course the new BOD members - they may be announced shortly also as per Rabin

Quote Originally Posted by msemporda View Post
    We're probably looking at an announcement of the new trial sites and injections of the next 4
    patients first - IMO
    jaoflw likes this.
    "The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision" - Helen Keller -

Experience
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class1 year registered5000 Experience PointsSocial
    Likes Given: 2860
    Quote Originally Posted by msemporda View Post
    Also of course the new BOD members - they may be announced shortly also as per Rabin
    msemporda,

You're right. I wonder who those new board members would be and what talents and connections they would bring to the table.

I know it is highly unlikely, but one of my dream board members would be Bill Gates. The advantages of having him on board (in both senses of the word) are pretty obvious: intellect, drive, humanitarianism, entrepreneurial skills, connections, prestige and money. Also, he has been very interested in biotechnology for a while, having financed Dr. Leroy Hood's (co-founder of Amgen and Applied Biosystems, and lead inventor of the automated gene sequencer used for the Human Genome Project) work at the University of Washington.

Today his renowned Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation work to alleviate diseases around the world, and at the same time also grant or invest funds in the biotechnology industry.

Gates Foundation turns biotech investor in $10M Liquidia deal - FierceBiotech

Bill Gates backs fledgling computational drug discovery upstart - FierceBiotech

And then there's this:

Gates to fund novel projects with $100M - FierceBiotech

From the article:

World's largest private philanthropy is handing out $100,000,000 fund to 104 research projects that explore novel ways to solve some of the world's most pressing medical problems.

The idea, the Gates Foundation said, was to find projects that "fall outside current scientific paradigms and could lead to significant advances if successful."

I think there is a good possibility that if ACT shows Bill Gates the paradigm-shifting results of our RPE treatments of our first 2 patients he will be very interested in helping us. He'd probably be interested in our other ocular and blood-related programs too. Heck, he'll probably be interested in everything ACT has to offer.

He already pioneered and led (along with Steve Jobs and others) a paradigm shift in the computer industry with operating systems and software for personal computers, why not participate in another world-changing paradigm shift again, as an encore? Adds to his legacy. That'll show up Paul Allen -- him with his funding of SETI (the Allen Telescope Array) and private spaceflight (Scaled Composites and SpaceshipOne)).

JMO

jaoflw
    Last edited by jaoflw; 11-11-2011 at 09:40 AM.

Experience
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocialOverdrive1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries
    Likes Given: 4533
    jaoflw

Gates would be stellar and certainly with he and his wife's main charity focuses being global health. Anyone of
    that caliber from the Information Age would do well to jump on board with the pioneers of the Regenerative Age (a few
    have jumped on the environmental tech wagon but IMO it would be more beneficial to push on the biotech front as
    it helps both sectors).

Look forward to hearing the news on the 2 seats (?) that will be filled - certainly Rabin spoke about similar
    credentials to Langer which would be amazing as he is pretty much unique...

Br

Quote Originally Posted by jaoflw View Post
    msemporda,

You're right. I wonder who those new board members would be and what talents and connections they would bring to the table.

I know it is highly unlikely, but one of my dream board members would be Bill Gates.

JMO

jaoflw
    jaoflw likes this.
    "The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision" - Helen Keller -

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12