Apple iPad 3 release tomorrow 3/7/12
www.InvestorStemCell.com
Donate

View Poll Results: Do you own an iPad? Would you upgrade?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, fine with what I have

3 27.27%
  • Yes, but will upgrade to the new one

3 27.27%
  • No, might buy an iPad2 now that price dropped

1 9.09%
  • No, might buy a new iPad

0 0%
  • No, no interest in owning one

2 18.18%
  • No, I own a Kindle/Galaxy/etc

2 18.18%
Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By Actc_fan
  • 1 Post By gadil
  • 1 Post By gadil
  • 1 Post By gebroida
  • 1 Post By Actc_fan
  • 1 Post By gebroida
  • 1 Post By DonV
  • 1 Post By Capt_Smith77
  • 1 Post By ForTheFuture

Thread: Apple iPad 3 release tomorrow 3/7/12

Experience
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Actc_fan's Avatar Regenerative Guru Member
    Likes Given: 8042

Apple iPad 3 release tomorrow 3/7/12

Apple finally to reveal the iPad 3 tomorrow, in case you hadn't heard. Anyone going to wait in line with Steve Wozniak to get one of the first iPad 3's?

The word on the street is this one will be 4G LTE. Article below discusses this, but I wonder if the faster streaming speed will increase the amount of people who buy the 4G vs the Wi-fi only?

I agree with the article that we might see something Apple TV (iTV) related. Long overdue that they just made a TV version of the iPad. People would buy it IMHO

The other question I have, not mentioned in the article, is will they have a iPad 3 "light" to compete with Kindle at the lower price point? You have to imagine they see the Kindle sales figures and want to capture that low-end market as well? Though they don't seem to mind just owning the high end of the laptop market so you never know. I'm leaning that they will stick to the high end.

Anyone buy the plays on Verizon and AT&T incremental revenue angle mentioned in the article? If people finally adopt would be nice to see growth with their 5%+ dividends.

Apple's next iPad may be a 4G game changer - Yahoo! Finance
    gebroida and JHam like this.

Experience
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points
    gadil's Avatar Associate Member
    Likes Given: 0
    ACTC and AAPL..What a pair to hold.
    AAPL target to 710.00 by Barkley, plus everyone forgets AAPL will be supplying 4 CDMA
    carriers next qtr VZ, S,KDDI, and China Telecom. China Mobile will be the next big CDMA carrier.
    This addition could take AAPL to 1000.00 per share by 2014.
    We all know what ACT has coming so 2012 /2014 could be somthing special. jmo
    Actc_fan likes this.

Experience
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Quote Originally Posted by gadil View Post
    ACTC and AAPL..What a pair to hold.
    AAPL target to 710.00 by Barkley, plus everyone forgets AAPL will be supplying 4 CDMA
    carriers next qtr VZ, S,KDDI, and China Telecom. China Mobile will be the next big CDMA carrier.
    This addition could take AAPL to 1000.00 per share by 2014.
    We all know what ACT has coming so 2012 /2014 could be somthing special. jmo
    Agreed. I need to do more reading, but do you know what kind of penetration they have in China for iPhone and iPad? I believe it is pretty low..

Experience
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points
    gadil's Avatar Associate Member
    Likes Given: 0
    They have very little penetration right now but expect CDMA carriers
    to come onboard next qtr.
    They expect China to be one of their main drivers for profits.
    The wage problem(China assimbly line wage increases) is not a big problem for AAPL, they have
    alot of profit in each product.
    1 Billion cell phones in China expected.
    Actc_fan likes this.

Experience
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Well, I havent read a lot of reviews but it doesn't seem like the market was dissapointed, certain the stock didnt move much. I was personally expecting more of an upgrade from iPad 2. I guess I shouldn't dismiss the upgrade in resolution, which is what they are focusing on. Making it as close to a TV as they can is impactful. We'll see how the sales go.

Anyone planning to buy a new Ipad, or buy the iPad2 cheaper now? I was going to buy a new one but I might just buy the iPad2 since I dont think I will watch that much video.

Apple iPad - New iPad and iPad 2 with Free Shipping - Apple Store (U.S.)

Experience
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    User with most referrers
    gebroida's Avatar Supreme Member
    Likes Given: 1298
    Quote Originally Posted by Actc_fan View Post
    Well, I havent read a lot of reviews but it doesn't seem like the market was dissapointed, certain the stock didnt move much. I was personally expecting more of an upgrade from iPad 2. I guess I shouldn't dismiss the upgrade in resolution, which is what they are focusing on. Making it as close to a TV as they can is impactful. We'll see how the sales go.

Anyone planning to buy a new Ipad, or buy the iPad2 cheaper now? I was going to buy a new one but I might just buy the iPad2 since I dont think I will watch that much video.

The "new" iPad is more of a disappointment than iPhone 4s was ( to me ). Apple is just NOT doing enough to innovate anymore. The upgrades are a joke. iPad2 should have had those things to begin with.

Well needless to say I'm not buying. I'm edging towards the Samsung 7 tablet. Fair priced, good features. If I can find an iPad 2 at $200 I would probably buy it. Currently have the iPhone 4 and decided not to upgrade to the 4s, I just don't see the upgrades to be a game changer for me to drop $200.
    Last edited by gebroida; 03-07-2012 at 09:26 PM.
    Actc_fan likes this.

Experience
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    User with most referrers
    I guess I'm hung up in Apple's innovation years. Back the every time they released something it was impressive, now is just the same old with new chips. Honestly, the iPad 2 SHOULD have had Retina Display, the iphone already had it so there's no excuse! Big reason I was so disappointed with iPad 2 as well.

Experience
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Quote Originally Posted by gebroida View Post
    I guess I'm hung up in Apple's innovation years. Back the every time they released something it was impressive, now is just the same old with new chips. Honestly, the iPad 2 SHOULD have had Retina Display, the iphone already had it so there's no excuse! Big reason I was so disappointed with iPad 2 as well.
    Ha, I was just about to reply to your other post, saying that I think we are all spoiled by their game changing releases of the past. I'm really hoping for something big out of their rumored new AppleTV offering later this year. I think another manufacturer just released something with voice and motion controls. I'm just waiting for one or two seemless devices in the household.

We should be living Minority Report already!!

gebroida likes this.

Experience
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    User with most referrers
    Ha, I was just about to reply to your other post, saying that I think we are all spoiled by their game changing releases of the past. I'm really hoping for something big out of their rumored new AppleTV offering later this year. I think another manufacturer just released something with voice and motion controls. I'm just waiting for one or two seemless devices in the household.

We should be living Minority Report already!!

TV wont do much for me personally. I can have a million channels but if my computer is on wiFi guess were my attention will be :-) LoL That's just me cause I'm really an internet junkie though. iPhone 5 game changer maybe? I won't put any money on that, it seems HTC and Samsung are bitting a chunk of Apple with some nice products they been releasing lately. Once the iPhone 5 comes out I'll have to reconsider which route I'll take...
    Actc_fan likes this.

Experience
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads
    I actually just heard a review of the dictation feature and they made it sound like a big deal. Basically along the lines of SIRI, making it easier for people who hate typing on those things to reply to emails, etc. If something like that was made seamless and easy to use could really boost business adoption.

Experience
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 125
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassCreated Blog entry5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Likes Given: 736
    Apple finally to reveal the iPad 3 tomorrow, in case you hadn't heard. Anyone going to wait in line with Steve Wozniak to get one of the first iPad 3's?

The word on the street is this one will be 4G LTE. Article below discusses this, but I wonder if the faster streaming speed will increase the amount of people who buy the 4G vs the Wi-fi only?

I agree with the article that we might see something Apple TV (iTV) related. Long overdue that they just made a TV version of the iPad. People would buy it IMHO

The other question I have, not mentioned in the article, is will they have a iPad 3 "light" to compete with Kindle at the lower price point? You have to imagine they see the Kindle sales figures and want to capture that low-end market as well? Though they don't seem to mind just owning the high end of the laptop market so you never know. I'm leaning that they will stick to the high end.

Anyone buy the plays on Verizon and AT&T incremental revenue angle mentioned in the article? If people finally adopt would be nice to see growth with their 5%+ dividends.

Apple's next iPad may be a 4G game changer - Yahoo! Finance
    I'm very excited as I preordered one I love my IPAD 1 I bought two years ago and continue to use it on a daily basis. One word = Retina Dsiplay sold me.
    Actc_fan likes this.

Experience
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 150
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registeredTagger First Class1000 Experience PointsYour first Group
    Capt_Smith77's Avatar Erudite Member
    Likes Given: 650
    I've always wanted one of those tablet thingies. Are they quite expensive?

Experience
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt_Smith77 View Post
    I've always wanted one of those tablet thingies. Are they quite expensive?
    iPad2 is now $399. I'm guessing you can maybe get the discountinued iPad2's (32GB, 64GB) cheap at places like BestBuy or online, but I haven't looked yet.

Prices for the new one and the remaining iPad2:

Kindle Fire is $199 so a cheaper price point, but smaller, etc.

Experience
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 150
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registeredTagger First Class1000 Experience PointsYour first Group
    Capt_Smith77's Avatar Erudite Member
    Likes Given: 650
    I remember back in 2001 when I had several invention ideas related to a tablet type gadget, similar to what's exploding today with products on the market like Apple's, but still unique with their own purpose. It's interesting to think back on those ideas and see where we are now in terms of technology and inventions.

One was that you could use a thin based tablet as a sort of imbedded place mat at restaurants, allowing you to surf the web in a limited format (no keyboard or mouse needed) while you wait for your food order to arrive. These would be built into the tables and would allow the patrons to push or pop the screen up to view it better before pushing it back down before the food arrives. The wires would have been hooked underneath and connected through the walls. Wireless was a new thing back then, so that's where I had the hangup with this idea, as you would have literally hundreds of wires running throughout the restaurant. It seemed impractical at the time unless wireless were possible.

The second idea, was that a tablet type device could be used as a replacement for newspapers. You would hook your tablet device up to the wall to read your daily news, paying a cheaper subscription and not wasting paper.

One of the more recent ideas I've had, is already being worked on to an extent. It's where eventually, we'll be wearing glasses that offer transparent GPS, internet, phone, etc, which is pretty cool when you stop and think about it.

Something like this could eventually see bulky cell phones become obsolete. Between imbedded chips underneath the skin, to small things that you wear such as a watch or bracelet, these will probably be used at some point to power a whole lot of our future communications on a daily basis.
    Actc_fan likes this.

Experience
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class1 year registeredSocial5000 Experience Points
    Likes Given: 953
    The naming convention threw me off a little at first. Why ditch the numeric system of tracking generations? Realized that they now don't have to feel pressured to change the design. The Iphones and Ipads received a new number Iphone3,4, etc. when a new design was unveiled, and an S at the end when it wasn't. Adding an S automatically made it an "incremental" upgrade. Now they can follow the route of their Macbooks and Ipods and choose to change the design or not, and not have to worry about the public downplaying the new device.
    Smart move that'll pay off in the long run. Marketing at it's finest.
    Actc_fan likes this.